School Road Publishing General Advertising Terms and Conditions
School Road Publishing and its subsidiaries (WOMAN+, we, us, our) place material for publication on behalf of the customer (you) subject to these terms and conditions of advertising (Terms). These Terms apply to all advertising in any of our print publications (Print Advertising) or websites and other digital services (Digital Advertising) unless we have agreed other terms in writing with you.
Material for Publication
1. In accepting any material including electronic material or data for publication (Material), and in publishing the Material we are doing so in consideration of and relying on the your express warranty, the truth of which is essential that:
a) the Material does not contain anything:
that is misleading or deceptive or likely to mislead or deceive or which otherwise breaches the Fair Trading Act 1986.
that is defamatory or indecent or which otherwise offends against generally accepted community standards.
that infringes a copyright or trademark or otherwise infringes any intellectual or industrial property rights.
that breaches any right of privacy or confidentiality.
that breaches any provision of any statute, regulation, by-law or other rule or law; and
b) the Material complies in every way with the Advertising Code of Practice issued by the Advertising Standards Authority Inc. (“ASA”) and with every other code or industry standing relating to advertising in New Zealand;
c) publication of the material will not give rise to any liability on our part or in a claim being made against us in New Zealand or elsewhere;
d) in respect of Digital Advertising, the Material does not include any cookie, tracking tag or other tracking device unless we have provided our prior written consent to such inclusion, to the extent we consent to you collecting information relating to our users (“User Information”) you may only use such information for the advertiser’s internal statistical purposes and solely in respect of the relevant advertising campaign; and
e) for the avoidance of doubt, you must not disclose any User Information to any third party and must not use any User Information in connection with any advertising campaigns on any third party properties or websites. If you are a representative of an advertiser, this does not prevent you from disclosing the User Information in summary format only to the advertiser, provided you procure that the advertiser only uses such information in accordance with these terms. We may immediately remove any advertisement without liability in the event of any breach. Any such termination will not affect your obligation to make payment.
2. You agree to indemnify us against any losses, liabilities, costs, claims or expenses whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from any breach of the warranties set out above and from any costs incurred in our making corrections or amendments in accordance with the terms that follow.
3. We must receive all creative that forms part of the Materials and information from you in accordance with the timeframes specified:
a) for Print Advertising, on the insertion order, email confirmation or stated on the applicable rate card
b) for Digital Advertising, as set out in the Special Conditions relating to Digital Advertising or any email confirmation.
4. We may refuse to publish, or withdraw Material from publication without having to give reason.
5. We may publish the Material at a time different from originally booked or where applicable in the next available issue if there is an error or delay in publication of the advertising as booked.
6. All creative that forms part of the Materials are subject to reasonable approval by our editorial and advertising staff. We may require that Material is corrected or amended to conform to style, or for other genuine reasons.
7. By placing an advertisement for publication you grant us a perpetual, royalty free license to reproduce the advertisement in any print or electronic media we offer customers now or in the future. See further terms for Digital Advertising in the Special Conditions for Digital Advertising.
8. The positioning or placing of any Material in a publication or website is at our discretion except where specifically agreed in writing.
9. You must tell us as soon as possible if there is an error or omission in any material you have placed or placed by us on your behalf. Stuff reserves the right to charge additional amendment fees and additional processing fees.
10. Any bookings for placement of advertising material may be used only by you or your entity for advertising your usual business and may not be on-sold, transferred or otherwise made available to any other person or entity without our prior written consent.
11. Where you make an order to publish advertising material as print advertising in any of our print publications, you also allow us to publish this material as a digital advertisement on the website, unless you opt-out by notifying us in writing. Additional charges may apply to this service, which are included on the applicable rate card.
12. If you wish to cancel an advertisement or campaign you must communicate this in writing to us. A cancellation fee may apply:
a) for Print Advertising, please refer to the applicable advertising rate card, insertion order or email confirmation for specific details of any cancellation fee;
b) for Digital Advertising, as set out in the Special Conditions relating to Digital Advertising.
13. The charge for advertising will be in New Zealand dollars and in accordance with the applicable rate card applying at the time for the publication, unless we agree otherwise in writing.